Welcome to the pond!
Navigation

Who's Online
There are 3 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Search

Login

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
a tiny fishieOffline
Post subject: RenWerX to create a new game  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 06:47 PM
Site Admin

to fill the void left by the departure of the tribes franchise, RenWerX (the group who wrote the Renegades mod) has decided to create a new game that will be tribes-like, free, community-designed, community-coded, and community-supported. (read this.) at first, we were going to work with the legends team, but that didn't work out.

yes, i said "we". i'm on the scripting team for the yet unnamed game, along with Qing (scripting lead), Novanix, Byte, Bad Shot, Medal, Raverix, Snypress, and Priml1. so far, we've got a team of 46 people including engine coders, modelers, skinners, mappers, sound effects artists, and so on.

initially, i will be working on core server scripting along with Qing. eventually, i will create a siege-like mod for the game, either on my own or (hopefully) with your help.

first, help name the game here.

if you have some time and skills to contribute, you can (and should) be a part of this. check the jobs listings and get involved. help make the game into something you and everyone else will enjoy.

join #renwerx on irc.dynamix.com IRC or post in the renwerx forums if you have questions or suggestions.

for the forseeable future, i will continue to run the pond web site and t2 server(s), and will eventually add a server for the new game, running (you guessed it) something like Siege, but hopefully even better. it isn't free for me to run the web site, teamspeak, or t2 server(s). if you can help me out by donating (see the paypal block on the left of the page), i'd appreciate it.

see you in the game! Cool

Last edited by a tiny fishie on Jul 01, 2005 - 05:19 PM; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
Bane GrievverOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 08:59 PM
Helicopter Pilot

Awesome news fishie Very Happy

Guess your wife will have to compete with the computer for your time even more now!

Gogo0Offline
Post subject: Re: RenWerX to create a new game  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 09:13 PM
GOGOWNAGE

woo fishie!

PlaZmaSnakeOffline
Post subject: Re: RenWerX to create a new game  PostPosted: Apr 06, 2005 - 09:46 PM
seasoned veteran

You're my hero ATF.

TheBerkOffline
Post subject: Re: RenWerX to create a new game  PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 03:29 AM
Berk the Builder

Still need a mapper?

I pic of the game I am cobbling together.. http://home.comcast.net/~berkingstock/scene3.jpg

and a video of my awsome animators work.. he rocks

http://home.comcast.net/~berkingstock/heavyposing.avi

I would need a texture set to make a wad and some assets such as trees, rocks, and another other static shapes..
I can make buildings and some simplistic dts shapes..
I have hammer3.4 and milkshape..

let me know if I can help in some way..

MikL99Offline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 11:58 AM
spam cannon

I would love to help with some graphics, but i am no where as good as most of the people on here, yet. But i have been learning alot in my Multimedia class. So if you need some simple stuff done i can help.... I'm getting real good in illustrator

a tiny fishieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 03:40 PM
Site Admin

if nothing else, contribute to the game design.

if you're interested in assisting in other ways, please post in the renwerx forums or on the contact page. feel free to mention me as a reference... i know each of you well enough to discuss most of your skills with the renwerx team leaders.

Last edited by a tiny fishie on Apr 07, 2005 - 04:22 PM; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
SfphinxOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 03:41 PM
simply awesome

fishie is borked ... Smile

Actually this sounds like it is going to be great ...

sigpopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 06:01 PM
Pond Supporter

seems like a lot of flak in tw forums (surprise surprise) for breaking off from legends. whats your take on that, fish?

a tiny fishieOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 07, 2005 - 08:58 PM
Site Admin

sigpop wrote:
seems like a lot of flak in tw forums (surprise surprise) for breaking off from legends. whats your take on that, fish?

we left on good terms, but we did have to part ways. for what appears to be various political reasons, we weren't going to have the flexibility to create the game we wanted to create. and we were going to be rewriting a ton of the core code, anyway.

by branching off, we'll be starting fresh... building a solid foundation on the latest Torque Game Engine codebase, with an eye for possibly migrating to the Torque Shader Engine when that stabilizes.

sigpopOffline
Post subject:   PostPosted: Apr 09, 2005 - 01:28 AM
Pond Supporter

sounds like a monumental task. i wish you guys all the luck.

Jump to: