Welcome to the pond!
Navigation

Who's Online
There are 10 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Search

Login

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Red ShifterOffline
Post subject: new on the pond  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 05:42 AM
More Unbearable by the Hour

Infinte Bounty - by Red Shifter
Capture and Hold modifcations - by Red Shifter

The version of Bounty running on the pond is "Infinite Bounty", coded by yours truly. What it does right now is reset the list of targets if a player finishes out his whole list. This allows a game to continue much longer than it probably should. If you have a large group of people who want to kill each other but got sick of LakRabbit, why not run it?

The Capture and Hold modifications have been created for these purposes:
1. Better individual scoring. Points for kills and good defense/offense. Pointwhores will want to look to hold a hotly contested switch and kill people within 45 meters, or run across the map holding switches for at least 10 seconds. Both methods can be effective.

2. Games that get shorter based on domination. Holding all the objectives for a few minutes will usually end the map, while having an all-out brawl for objectives will often make the battle into a longer, drawn-out war taking up to 15 minutes.

3. Better score tracking. Most players don't even look at the scores. Therefore, notices will be dropped to your chat window for every 10% of a team's hold time completed.

4. Additional options. Admins can change the following settings:
- Spawn with Energy Pack (default: enabled) is obvious.
- Advanced Scoring (default: enabled) is what I described in 2 and 3 above. It can only be turned on at the beginning of a map.
- Slow Spawning (default: disabled) will make it take a while to respawn. I think I saw it in some other CnH game sometime.
- Cover Mode (default: disabled) will secure a switch if someone on your team is standing right next to it. The only way to take the switch is to kill him or get him out of close proximity to the switch.

Reply with quote Back to top
a tiny fishieOffline
Post subject: RE: new on the pond  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 11:58 AM
Site Admin

sounds like some nice additions, RS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
CeliosOffline
Post subject: RE: new on the pond  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 01:36 PM
Site Admin

Awesome stuff RS. <3

Also, I've made some slight modifications to Reprisal recently:
  • The hole in the ceiling that provides a "back door" to the top FF gen has been enlarged. It's now much easier for a heavy or medium to get in.
  • The Switch gen has been made slightly more defensible (direct O-bunker->Switch gen access has been removed).
  • The defenders' inventories are now powered by the Switch gen rather than the Main gens, giving them a slightly better chance at repairing the Main gens.

From what I've seen the changes have helped make recovering from losing the Switch gen possible if not easy. I have a few more ideas on how to spread the action out a bit more and how to improve the experience for small teams. Those will be implemented as soon as I have some time. :>

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number 
Jump to: