Welcome to the pond!
Navigation

Who's Online
There are 5 unlogged users and 0 registered users online.

You can log-in or register for a user account here.

Search

Login

New User? Sign Up!

View previous topic Printable version Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Morgoth BauglirOffline
Post subject: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 12:25 PM
incoming bomber

Disclaimer: Anything written here is based on other people's summaries. I have not read the actual article (which is supposed to be 11 pages of info)

Summary of first hand witness here:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2648062#post2648062

1. Eye of the North

The first Expansion set to GW. In order to play you need to own at least one of the three Campaigns. There will be no new classes and no tutorial. It goes right to the top content.
The story will link to GW:P and GW:F
New areas are the Asuran homeland around Magooma, the far north shiverpeaks of Norn, and the Charr Northlands. So I'd assume the map to be located north of Tyria.
18 New "Multi level" Dungeons (whatever that means) will be accessible all over the world, connecting the continents (Think of the Dredge in Cantha).

Numbers: 40 new armor sets, 150 new skills (50 pve only), 10 new heroes, 3 acts: Dungeons, New lands, Finale

The story revolves around the conflict between the Great Dwarf and the Great Destroyer (as introduced in a Furnace of Sorrow quest), so expect Dwarves to be around and ales to be sold.

2. Hard Mode

Hard mode has been worked on since the release of GW:N and allows you to play in the entire game area against, well, hard mobs, Levels 20+. Think of it like the Charr during the Glint quests, just all over the place. Hard mode offers better drops, more xp and of course a bigger challenge. In return, some areaswill be made easier in normal mode.

Official News here:
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10132947

3: Guild Wars 2

Set several hundred years after GW, so you cannot take characters over. However, you can build Monuments in Eye of the North, that allow you to take your character's achievements over to GW2.
There will be 5 playable races: Humans, Sylvari, Asuras, Charr and Norn

Open World. You can actually meet people out of town. Instances will still be present tho.

Dynamic Quests. Quests may change and appear depending on the people in an area.

Overhauled movement. Sounds more of a FPS style control system with jumping, swimming and the ominous "sliding" (sounds like skiing to me, im going crazy)

Apprentice system is thought about. Experienced players can take apprentices who recieve more XP.

High or no level cap.

Worked over Henchmen/Heroes system. Players can have "companions"

Various kinds of PvP, from large scale open combat with no participant limits to GvG and structured PvP

And finally: No Monthly Fees.

I suggest you read that link, there are a lot of Dev posts about that article as well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number 
Reply with quote Back to top
CeliosOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 01:40 PM
Site Admin

Fack their GW2. I waste my life whoring my way to r10 and then they drop a new game on us? Lame. :<

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number 
Morgoth BauglirOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 05:25 PM
incoming bomber

Read the monuments part again. i'd guess you can take your R10 with you, along with other titles...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number 
CeliosOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 06:29 PM
Site Admin

I hope to god that's the case. I got the impression the GWEN monuments stuff was more "stuff you accomplish in that campaign".

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number 
Morgoth BauglirOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 21, 2007 - 07:53 PM
incoming bomber

It would help if someone actually had that article and would post some scans ^_^.

FadgeOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2007 - 03:31 PM
Site Admin

Great. Another game for me to buy, play gross amounts of for a week, and then never log into again...

Morgoth BauglirOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 23, 2007 - 09:12 PM
incoming bomber

i guess you need someone to poke you from time to time.

or did you *gasp* uninstall?
even if you play just, say, an hour per weeks you can get far enough.

Morgoth BauglirOffline
Post subject: RE: News On GW2 and Eye of the North  PostPosted: Mar 27, 2007 - 10:58 PM
incoming bomber

more news on the matter at guildwars.com. official press release and links to two further articles.

Jump to: